Hi! Since it's nearly Christmas and the most important meal on a Christmas day is dessert, I thought I'd share my favourite Christmassy dessert with you! These chocolate cupcakes with strawberry taste are really easy to make and taste delicious, I mean, cupcakes are always a good idea, right? Anyway, let's get the baking started!
You'll be needing:
- some awesome Christmas music (like the Glee Christmas album or Michael Bublé)
- 120g butter
- 2 eggs
- 120g self-raising flower
- 100g strawberry jam
- 100g white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 150g of chocolate (dark/milk/white it doesn't matter)
Topping: we just heated some chocolate and sprinkled some decorations on top.
How to make these delicious cupcakes:
- Set your oven to a 180°.
- Blend the butter with the sugar and the vanilla sugar until it's smooth and creamy.
- Mix the eggs and add them to the batter together with the self-raising flower.
- Heat some chocolate in the microwave or melt it au bain-marie and then add it to the dough as well. Mix it together.
- Start filling the paper cases, making sure they're all about the same size.
- When the cases are all filled, add a teaspoon of strawberry jam on top of the cupcakes.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the tops spring back when lightly pressed and let them cool off.