Whenever I get ready to cook something vegan and healthy, I already know what my family's reaction is going to be. "Why can't you cook normal food for once?", is what my brother usually says accusingly. "Oh, a normal dessert would have been fine too, honey.", that's my dad's reaction. Yeah, I guess you could say my family still has to get used to my 'lifestyle change'. Although I've been a vegetarian for nearly four years now, the change to being vegan is quite 'radical' according to my parents. Anyway, that was a long introduction for a basic dessert: vegan vanilla cakes.
This is what you need:
* 2 cups of buckwheat flour or plain flour
* 1 1/4 cup of cane sugar
* 2 tsp of baking powder
* 1 1/2 cup of soy milk
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1/4 cup of olive oil (or vegetable oil)
* 2 tbsp lemon juice
* 3 tsp vanilla extract
How to make them:
* Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
* Use an other bowl to mix the soy milk, olive oil, lemon juice and vanilla extract together.
* Pour the liquids in your bowl with the flour and mix it up.
* Pour the liquid batter into paper-lined muffin tins.
* Bake the cupcakes for about 20 minutes on 180°C and let them cool down.
You can decorate them with your favorite frosting and enjoy!